I mentioned starting this series a little while ago now, but deliberated on who to start with or how I would write them.
Then I figured, I’d just do them in ‘aphabetical’ order according to my Toyhou.se account!
Devon started off as a redesign for Kizmit; but she didn’t really click with me in the way that I thought she would do. So she was demoted from the name and picked up as Devon. Her name came from the Disturbed song ‘Inside the Fire’ – which is one of my firm favourites of theirs. I think she was given the name around 2007.
She is a ‘Glamfur‘ which was an art movement with the anthro community that started around 2003, when I first started sharing my art online and had some prominent names in LeeLee, Inhix, Silverwing and others. It then had a revival in 2007/2008 which is when I became more interested and aware of it and I enlisted Devon to the cause.
There are a couple of different versions of Devon. The waking world Devon and the dreamer. The dreamer is the one who has blank eyes, crosses and stiches on her face. The waking world Devon is the one who has real eyes. The general story behind her is that she is an inmate at Pillsbrooke hospital – a sanitarium – and cannot tell the difference between being awake and asleep. Everything feels like a dream (or reality)
- She is into Nurses, Hair Falls and synthetic hair, she is technically dead and a non-rotting zombie that needs to feed of blood and alchohol in order to survive, she loves cross-gendered people and thrives among the transgendered as they don’t tend to judge her on the way she is and the way she survives. Equally she loves dressing as a nurse as well as in verious other clothing and loves bright colours.
- Her favourite music to chill out and rock out too is: VNV Nation, CombiChrist, Celldweller and Icon of Coil.
- Her tongue is green and poisonous.
- She also loves it when people restyle her hair, as it changes colour very often and sometimes has hair falls in it.
- The four pointed earrings are usually spikes, but she often has stars dangling off her ears from the bottom on chains.
- Often drawn with drugs and various medical themed times, especially drips!
- She has her vagina sewn up and is non-sexually active, but most often than not she has lustrous feelings for people.
- Torquemada is obsessed with her.
The above is from what I wrote about her back during that time so some of it may or may not be true anymore! I like it though.
Aesthetically, I have tried to steer her towards traditional goth – when not wearing nurses outfits.
I’ve a bit of work still to get her in the direction that I am after, but I have a Pinterest board set up for her to help me with this. She is a fun character and writing this up has made me realise that there is a lot more to her than I first remembered.
There is another element to her, and that is that my other character Torquemada is obsessed with her – but more about that when I get to writing up his ‘Biggest fan’ column in this series.